A new first-person shooter Game called Overwatch 2 is being created and released by Blizzard Entertainment. The 2016 hero shooter Overwatch’s sequel aims to introduce permanent cooperative modes while maintaining a shared environment for player-versus-player (PvP) games. A significant alteration in PvP was the reduction of team numbers from six to five, which necessitated the reworking of some characters. On October 4, 2022, Overwatch 2 will be made available for free-to-play in early access on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Complete cross-platform play will be available.
In Overwatch 2 a player can Choose from 35 fantastic heroes in our roster, then join your teammates for thrilling 5v5 action on 22 global maps in 6 different game modes. There is a hero for everyone, whether your style is to take the initiative, ambush adversaries, or support your allies.
- Sojourn, Kiriko, and Junker Queen were added. Visit the heroes page to see our heroes, both current and past.
- Added role passives for heroes who deal damage, support, and tank
- Numerous new voice lines and enhanced narrative responsiveness for all heroes
- With over 44,000 lines of dialogue, there is always something fresh to hear.
- All heroes’ fighting sound effects have been updated.
- all heroes have new skins and visual effects
- Accessibility Features
- Battle Pass starting with Season One
- Updated Competitive mode
- First-Time User Experience
- New 5v5 core game mode format
- New Challenge System
- New Cosmetic Types: Charms, Name Cards, Souvenirs, Titles, New Skin Tier – Mythic – Cyber Genji
- New History tab in Profile including Game Reports
- New in-game currency – Overwatch Coins
- New Push core game mode
- Ping System
- Shop 2.0
- Six New Maps – New Queen Street, Circuit Royal, Midtown, Colosseo, Esperança, Paraíso, and many existing maps received new daytime and nighttime variants
- SMS Protect
- Updated Endorsement System
- Assault maps have been removed from rotation in all playlists (can be found in Custom Game)
- General Chat has been removed
- Looking For Group has been removed
- Loot Boxes have been removed
- Player Levels are retired (can view your prior level in your Profile)